After a candidate phone call or email, when they inevitably check you out online, you want them to see:
1. Don’t be afraid to let people know how passionate you are and how much you love what you do!
2. Be a Rock Star at what you do! Nothing’s worse than a good BS’er who can’t deliver the goods.
3. Be transparent to the point where they know enough to be intrigued by you. Let your personality be known.
4. Don’t be afraid to share with people what you love and have a passion outside of your profession. I like to call this a “Fun Factor.” EVERYONE NEEDS THIS!
5. Be hungry for information and learn from others on an everyday basis. Read, read, read…stay relevant and up to date in your industry.
6. Don’t be afraid to ask others, especially leaders, experts and influencers in your industry for help.Collaborate with other departments.
7. Take what you’ve learned from others and form your own style. This is what sets you apart from other recruiters.
8. ALWAYS be willing to help candidates and fellow recruiters out if they come to you for advice or help. This is part of how you build your credibility.
9. DO USE SOCIAL MEDIA to leverage all of the above. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Blogs, etc. I’m sorry to burst your bubble, but the #1 rule of Social Media is NOT gawking at or….ahem, stalking others profiles. It’s about ENGAGING others. If you don’t do this, YOU HAVE FAILED.
10. Last but not least, stay humble.
[Originally posted on SmartRecruiters.com]